July 31, 2008
Other elements for this theme:
- Orange lantern tri-fold invitation
- Orange and lime green take out boxes - classic with a vibrant color twist
- Homemade fortune cookies with pomegranate granita (recipe from Food Network)
- Zen liquor - site features recipes for a ton of concoctions including Zen Saketini, Zen Breeze, Zen Iced Tea and many more
July 30, 2008
This bird and nature theme would be lovely for bridal showers, baby shower, dinner parties and more. See my pics for an engagement party below:
- Multi-tier cake with birch twigs and and gum-paste birds
- Vintage postcards featuring birds and nests; would be great for table cards, decor or a different version of a guest book
- Cute handmade bird cake topper by Ann Wood
- Bird-topped favor boxes
- White ceramic bird vase - great for a centerpiece or just as added table decor
- A Perched Pair - intricate bird soaps would be wonderful as favors or wedding party gifts
- Love nest soap favor- cute egg shaped soaps resting in a bird's nest
- Bird's nest place card holder
- Table decor featuring branch centerpieces and birds
As soon as we picked this week's invitation I just knew that Kati would put together an amazing board and she certainly didn't disappoint! Be sure to check out The Finer Things to see her selections.
July 29, 2008
- Lovely combination of red, teal blue and orange in this beautiful table decor
- Red starfish guest book
- Red candle holders, white pillar candles and red coral branches dress up a mantle and add some themed room decor
- Red coral napkin rings atop turquoise and white plates makes a nice place setting on the red table linens
- Red and orange tall invitation from FineStationery.com
- Red, teal and orange beribboned favors [via Snippet & Ink]
Red not your color? Check out my previous birthday dinners in the following colors:
- Hot Pink
July 28, 2008
- Boutonnieres - Purple, chocolate and blush pink calla lilies
- Guest book - Purple book accented with a fashionable patterned ribbon
- Bold and unique table decor
- Bridal bouquet - Fuchsia and chocolate calla lilies and variegated grass all wrapped in a luxurious purple ribbon
- Subtle floral centerpieces allow for vibrant table decor
- Favors - Pucci perfume bottles
July 25, 2008
The following images are just a few of many on HWTM. Please visit the Bubbly Ducky Brunch page to see additional pictures and to learn where to find the elements needed to create this look.
July 24, 2008
- Late summer tomato bruschetta
- Grilled stuffed jalapeno chiles with grilled red pepper-tomato sauce
- Watermelon with balsamic and feta
- Coconut shrimp
- Puff pastry pinwheels stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes and pesto
- Saltines made easy
- Broccoli and cheddar-stuffed potato skins with avocado cream
- Smoked salmon roulade
- Prosciutto-wrapped crostini with melon salsa crudo
July 23, 2008
July 22, 2008
- Beautiful and impressive cake [via cakegirls]
- Eiffel tower place card holders - a nice way to bring the theme into the little details
- Striking table settings - black and white stripe linens, white dinnerware, light pink napkins and pink floral centerpieces
- Eiffel tower invitation from FineStationery.com- Lovely use of silhouettes (which I adore)
- Eiffel tower favor bag kits - fill with bon bons or any favorite treat
- Framed signature board on an easel - have everyone write a message for the guest of honor
July 21, 2008
- DIY candle luminary - Decorate your space with these lights for when conversations last well into the evening hours; This idea can be worked into any decor by using different colored glass jars or different beaded garland.
- Photo Table Decor - This was the inspiration for this entire post. I love the DIY lit up photo centerpieces. Directions provided on Martha Stewart.
- Watermelon-Basil Margarita - A fun, summertime beverage in the pink hued color scheme. Fruit cocktails are a must for summer entertaining.
- Outdoor Photo Display - Great idea to view and chat about old (and new) photos. Beautiful photo found in the gallery of Oh How Charming, an event planning studio in California.
- Pink circles invitation from FineStationery.com - Make sure each aunt, uncle and sibling is able to attend by sending an invitation at least one month in advance.
- Cookie box favor - Bake up some of the family favorites and wrap in a cute box. Include recipes as a convenience for those new to the family or those who misplaced the recipe.
July 18, 2008
- Beribboned light blue favor bag adorned with a white ribbon [via Martha Stewart]
- Delicate bouquet made of white lilies, orchids, sweetpeas and lilac all brought together with a blue bow [via Martha Stewart]
- Stunning 5 tier wedding cake with a vertical fade of blue into white [via Brides]
- Table cards in various shades of blue hung attractively on a wall [via Martha Stewart]
- Chic blue and white stitched invitations [via Brides]
- Matching blue and white stitched place cards [via Brides]
July 17, 2008
The article entitled "To Blog or Not to Blog?" featured interviews with 3 great blogs: Creature Comforts, The Finer Things and One Good Bumblebee. In addition, they listed several "can't miss" blogs and were gracious enough to include Tastefully Entertaining. Thanks Stationery Trends - I'm honored!Stationery Trends is a definite must for stationery lovers. Packed with trends, stationer info and tons of inspiration - be sure to check it out!
July 16, 2008
July 15, 2008
- Apple-Pecan Upside-Down Cake (Diabetic friendly)
- Strawberry-Lime Stuffed Cupcake
- Chocolate-Cherry Banana Bread (Diabetic friendly)
- Mango Strawberry Snow Cones
- Strawberry Cream Pie (Diabetic friendly)
July 14, 2008
For the invitation, consider a classic and lovely red and blue invitation. For dessert, how about a cupcake topped with a strawberry slice and a blueberry - simple, adorable and color coordinated! [image via flickr user vegan ducky] Lastly, for a favor, these blue and red designed favor boxes fit our theme just perfectly.
July 11, 2008
Today's post features a champagne themed anniversary party. Elegant and refined, a glass of champagne is the symbol of celebration. So, what better element to center an anniversary event around? See below for links to my picks for a champagne anniversary party.
(Top to bottom and left to right)
- Cork place card or table number holder
- Displayed bottles of champagne
- Glasses stylishly set out as part of the decor (I love the look of glass in the evening, especially with dim lights and candles)
- Pair of champagne glasses invitation from FineStationery.com
- Centerpiece made with roses, stephanotis, pink glass beads and glass champagne bubbles all arranged in an oversize champagne glass
- Champagne colored place setting with menu card
- Custom monogram wall decor
- Angel cakes make for an elegant non-cake dessert
- Clear round favor containers filled with champagne-flavored gumdrops
July 10, 2008
Welcome to the first Oh Baby! feature. Today's theme was requested by Heather who is in need of inspiration for a turquoise and brown modern/vintage baby shower. Heather, I hope the collection of items above helps with your shower planning!
- Clear Teal Vases - This is a great idea for a centerpiece! Check out your local thrift or antique stores to find vintage vases in clear or in teal. Group together for easy but super attractive table decor.
- Teal and Brown floral table decor - Beautiful teal linens and multitudes of white florals makes this table setting truly come alive. Lots of little details that work together to create a stunning look. (via Jennifer Dery 's blog)
- Gorgeous turquoise chandelier - Though this may be a little too extravagant for a baby shower, try to use the style in other ways - maybe use vintage (or modern) teal beads strung together to decorate the backs of the chairs. (via the amazing Snippet & Ink)
- Brown & Turquoise favor boxes
- Modern turquoise and white cake - Can easily be interpreted into a smaller cake depending on the number of guests (also via Snippet & Ink)
- Turquoise ceramic crackle dinnerware
- Modern baby shower invitation- The tropical turquoise, brown and orange elements of this invitation are fun and modern for a co-ed baby shower.
- Turquoise table decor - Another table decor that infuses deeper browns and orange as an accent color. (via Jennifer Dery's blog)
July 9, 2008
My first selection for today's theme was this table decor. I like the champagne colored linens with the pop of the pink napkin. Add a simple pink floral centerpiece to complete the look.
Express your thanks as your bridesmaids depart by sending them off with a sweet treat and a sparkling drink. Pretty packaging and an inspiring word adorn these small packs of treats. Use as place cards with each guest's name or include a meaningful word or saying as shown in Rebecca Thuss' photo. Sparkling cider mini bottles allow your bridesmaids to continue the celebratory nature of the event long after they get home.
Below are 2 images from Kati's bridesmaids' luncheon. Be sure to check it out because this is one of the great occasions in which we went in completely different directions with our events! I love when that happens!
July 8, 2008
Thanks for reading Tastefully Entertaining! Here's to the next 100!
Please click through the title links above each image to see the sourcing and more information on the elements included.
July 4, 2008
- 4th of July Menu
- July 4th Party Inspiration
- More Patriotic Party Decor
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
July 3, 2008
Thanks so much to Steph for sharing her work with us! She definitely knows how to host a great party!
July 2, 2008
Kati of The Finer Things has put together a great collection of ideas for a green and brown wedding. So many great ideas that I could only narrow it down to 3 (instead of my usual 2) to feature below. Be sure to check it out!
July 1, 2008
With July 4th only 3 days away, it's time to plan out your holiday menu. For those of you who have yet to select your dishes, my suggestion for an informal, low-key holiday meal is below:
- Creamy Red Potato Salad
- Grilled Marinated Vegetables with Fresh Mozzarella
- North Carolina Pulled-Pork Barbeque Sandwich
- Blueberry Hill Cupcakes
- Watermelon, Lemonade and Blueberry Ice Pops
Click through the links for the recipes and instructions for each menu item. Enjoy and Happy July 4th!