February 14, 2008

Springtime Bridal Shower

The bright and sunny weather has me longing for Spring temperatures and colors, so I chose to post about a Springtime bridal (or baby) shower. My inspiration came from this gorgeous floral centerpiece by Martha Stewart. The arrangement combines fringed tulips, parrot tulips (my favorite flower) and peonies in a stunning mix of pink and orange hues. I decided to carry these vibrant and fun colors through the rest of my theme. The simple but pretty invitation is from from FineStationery.com.

Most showers include a favor of some sort for guests to take home. The favor above, as shown on The Knot, would look great on your place setting. The peach box with pink bow provides endless opportunities for what you include inside. One neat suggestion is to to order personalized M&Ms. To bring the decor to new heights these pink and orange paper lanterns from Luna Bazaar are a beautiful and easy way to decorate your room.

Next I really wanted to include a cute dessert and, as a friend has been extolling the virtues of cupcakes lately, I had to find some to fit the theme. These cupcakes could be made from your favorite recipe and topped with an orange died frosting and pink sprinkles or any pink accent you can imagine. And lastly, I just loved the look of the Rose Gimlet cocktail from Cocktail Times. The recipe includes 1 oz rose hip infused gin, 1 oz simple syrup, 1 oz fresh lime juice, 1/2 oz rose water and rose petals for the garnish.

1 comment:

Kati said...

Great post! Here is a link to my boring personal blog as promised!

 


Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License

Images contained within inspiration boards on this blog are the property of their respective companies. Please see the
individual post for details and links. If you represent one of these companies and prefer your images not be used
and/or be removed from this site please contact me immediately at rebecca [at] tastefullyentertaining.com.