May 30, 2008
- Chicken Empanadas
- Carmelized Onion Quesadilla with Apple Chutney
- Chicken Quesadilla Pinwheels
- Jumbo Shrimp Wrapped with Arugula and Prosciutto
- Potato Focaccia
- Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki
-Fingerling Potatoes Aioli
- Strawberries Stuffed with Purple Haze Goat Cheese
- Sesame Chicken Strips
May 29, 2008
I love this hair style that features stephanotis flowers around a classic bun. Incorporating flowers definitely makes your updo unique and personalized. Carry the flower through into your bridal bouquet as well and mix with pale yellow flowers such as orchids and carnations. Have the groom wear a boutonniere made of similar flowers.
For your invitation, select this yellow floral letterpress invitation by Dauphine Press.
At the reception, opt for simple clear vases that put the focus on the beauty of the stephanotis flower [photo from Brides]. Set a white favor box decorated with white paper flowers above each place setting. Hang simple white chandeliers from the ceiling to help set the sweet yellow and white mood.
Lastly, serve a signature cocktail such as this limoncello cooler cocktail. Cheers!
May 28, 2008
Next, for some ceiling decor try the ever popular white paper lanterns mixed with elegant white crystal chandeliers. I think the combination of the casual lantern with the formal chandelier really plays up the invitation. The actual invitation is more formal but the green liner gives it a little pop of what I am calling 'Andy Warhol pop culture color'. (haha)
May 27, 2008
May 26, 2008
- Memorial Day party decor
- A Memorial Day grilling menu
- More Memorial Day recipes
- Grilling gear
- Summertime drinks and cocktails
May 22, 2008
- Hyacinth bulbs and rocks in a large circular vase (inexpensive, sweet and simplistic)
May 21, 2008
To start I found this lovely green and teal table decor. It features multiple low, square teal vases filled with white and green floral arrangements combined with a striking white coral centerpiece. For each place setting choose a teal charger to make the standard white plate pop.
For dessert keep it simple with a white cake served atop a bright teal cake stand. Add some green leaves or flowers as a garnish to tie in the green from the color scheme. Toast to the happy couple with a brilliant blue cocktail made of vodka, blue curacao, pineapple juice and a lemon twist.
As a favor send guests home with a summer bag filled with green and blue accessories such as flip flops, a beach blanket and a sun hat. Top with a white calla lily for an elegant finishing touch.
That's it for my edition of Wedding Wednesday but make sure to check out Kati's post for some wonderful inspiration! I love all the unique ideas she includes this week. Here are two of my favorites...
May 20, 2008
- Farro Salad with Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes and Onion
- Grilled Asparagus with Green Peppercorn Vinaigrette
- Marinated Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
- Hamburger with Double Chedder Cheese, Grilled Vidalia Onion and Horseradish Mustard
- Grilled Bananas with Maple Creme Fraiche
- Mint Iced Tea
May 19, 2008
May 16, 2008
- Initial decor, cupcakes, soda bottle labels and customized tablecloth - all DIY ideas from Martha Stewart
- Initial favors- again a DIY project that can be altered to fit any color scheme or party idea
- Pearl monogram decoration- Made with wire and pearl beads; use any style of bead to fit your aesthetics
- Monogrammed lollipops
- Initial invitations- there are so many options I couldn't pick just one- brown & blue; green & pink; tangerine & white; and green & blue (all from FineStationery.com)
May 15, 2008
- Stunning table design via At Home with Kim Vallee
- Teal and brown invitation from FineStationery.com
- Teal dress
- Fiber wrapped ceramic napkin rings
- Stainless steel candelabra
- Teal and brown cake
May 14, 2008
I'm going to start with dessert first today because it is my favorite part of this post. Who can resist such an elegant, color-coordinated and delicious buffet of desserts?
Seat your guests at tables covered in deep brown tableclothes with white plates. For a centerpiece consider a mix of rustic branches and stark white tulips. I love the juxtaposition of basic branches with modern and stylish tulips. Set a favor, such as this brown box with a personalized button, above each place setting.
Make sure to check out Kati's edition of Wedding Wednesday! She has some great ideas, as always!
May 13, 2008
- Red, white and blue parfaits
- Patriotic napkin rings
- Patriotic votives
- Red, white and blue star garland
- Star glasses
May 12, 2008
- Cameo place setting
- Pink and black wedding attire and bouquet
- Silhouette individual wedding cake
- Silhouette programs or favors
- Silhouette wall decor (would be great above where the bride and groom chairs)
- Silhouette thank you note
- Silhouette jewelry roll (great for bridesmaid gift)
- Pink and black floral centerpiece
- Silhouette tags (could be used as favor tags, coasters, etc)
May 8, 2008
Forgo a traditional guest book for these strawberry-colored cards with envelopes. Have guests write a little note to the bride and groom and place inside a clear container. You could even ask guests to write a note for different parts in the couples' life. For instance, a guest would put 'When having a baby' on the envelope and put a tip or advice on the card inside for when the couple approaches that situation. The couple will enjoy opening these long after the wedding.
For a cute detailed touch, add lime and strawberry ribbon to the couples' toasting glasses. This is a simple DIY trick to customize the glasses if you don't want to invest in a pre-done set.
Lastly, for the wedding cake, try lime ribbon at the base of each layer combined with strawberry polka dots.
May 7, 2008
After we picked this week's invitation, I immediately went to Rebecca Thuss' portfolio to find this lovely blue and green table decor. I had seen the image before when browsing through her site and knew I'd have to wait until just the right event to use it. I love the mixture of size, color and shape presented by the vases. It plays up multiple shades of blue and green and doesn't come off too feminine (a challenge when incorporating males into a wedding shower.)
I wanted to include a cocktail for this event and decided to suggest serving mojitos. Yes, the mint leaves are green and match our color scheme, but more importantly the mojito is a universally loved drink (by men and women.) Mojitos make me think of warm weather, happy times and relaxing outside - just the feel I want for a summer couples' shower.
For a unique activity I recommend asking guests to bring a memento (a photo, a written note, a ticket, a souvenir, etc) that will help them tell a story about the bride, groom or the couple as a pair. Have guests place their memento on a metal board with magnets for all to see prior to and after the activity. Gather everyone together and ask guests to tell their story or explain their chosen memento. This is sure to provide some fun as everyone takes a collective trip down memory lane.
Choose a simple cake for dessert such as this white cake with blue and green ribbon topped with a blue paper flower. For favors, set up a blue and green candy buffet with take out boxes for guests to take some sweets along home.
Make sure to check out Kati's Wedding Wednesday post too! Here is a sneak peek snapshot of a few of my favorite things from her event interpretation! I just love the cupcakes she included!!
May 6, 2008
- Deep-Dish Ham Quiche with Herb and Asparagus
- Lemon Balsamic Rosemare Skewered Vegetables
- Lump Blue Crab Salad
- Pecorino Crackers
- Champagne Lemonade
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Tart
Looking for decor ideas in addition to a menu? Try my Pretty in Pink Mother's Day post for inspiration!
May 5, 2008
My inspiration for doing a pet party today in particular came because the beginning of May means cat birthdays in my house! Happy birthday to Darcy, who will be 4, and Bingley, who will be 1! (Bonus point to those who know what the names come from!)
So for those of you who want to celebrate your cat or dog look below for some inspiration. I found a few images that can help you create the perfect pet party:
May 2, 2008
Set your table with a light blue tablecloth. Top with clear vases wrapped with brown ribbon and filled with your favorite blue flowers. Use blue and brown patterned dinnerware such as this circle and stripe set. On a side table set up a blue and brown candy buffet along with your blue and brown circles cake. Lastly, send guests home with a personalized candy bar favor featuring a blue and brown circle design.