June 18, 2008

Wedding Wednesday - Dream Wedding Edition!

Today is a very special Wedding Wednesday! Kati, of The Finer Things, had a wonderful idea to switch things up a little this week. Instead of selecting only one invitation, this week we're selecting two! We are presenting you with inspiration boards for what we think is our dream wedding. Since my dream wedding wouldn't be the same as Kati's, we each selected different invitations. Here's where this gets even better- I was just married this past November so I decided to give you a peak into my real life dream wedding!

I'm sure I've mentioned before that my favorite color combination is black and white so those were my wedding colors. For the invitation, the first introduction of your theme to your guests, I chose this simple and classic white invitation by Rita Renning (from FineStationery.com). I added a band of black ribbon to the center for a striking look.

The following is a montage of elements from my day. I've described each in more detail below but want to give credit to Creative Image Associates for the amazing pictures. Anyone needing a photographer on the east coast should check them out because they're really fun and take wonderful pictures!

Table decor: My husband and I are both avid theatre lovers so we wanted to incorporate that element into our wedding. Each table had a Playbill from a specifically selected show placed alongside the simple floral centerpiece and atop the black tablecloth. The table names were titles of songs from each show. For our sweetheart table, I created a custom Playbill with our engagement picture.

Bridesmaids: This picture is of me with my lovely bridesmaids. They wore floor length black gowns that gathered across the waist into a brooch. They carried red gerber daisies with black centers. (Red was an accent color.)

Favor: I wanted an inexpensive DIY favor and decided to adorn votive holders with custom wedding labels. The white votives fit perfectly into clear candy bags and were tied with black ribbon. (Just the beginning of my ribbon adoration.)

Programs: I designed and printed my own programs on high quality white card stock. Use the scoring attachment on your paper cutter to get a professional crease. I punched two holes in the crease to thread and tie black ribbon into a bow.

Ceremony exit: This picture shows my husband and I as we are exiting the church. Guests were handed bubble wands adorned with thin black ribbon. This may be one of my favorite pictures because you can see the bubbles glimmering in the night.

Wedding cake: Our cake was covered in white buttercream made to look like fondant. (Same look, better taste) Subtle trios of white dots were placed sporadically around the layers. The base of each layer had black ribbon (See? I told you I was obsessed). Our initials topped the cake though it is hard to see in the picture.

Groom and Groomsmen: The groom and his dapper groomsmen were dressed in all black tuxes. The only white element was the tie. I absolutely love this look! The Dads wore a more traditional style tux with a white shirt and a black tie.

Bridal Flowers: My bouquet was made of white gerber daisies with black centers. Several of the daisies had a Swarovski crystal in the center to add a sparkle. The base was wrapped in white ribbon and adorned at the top with my Grandmother's antique brooch. Also in this picture you can see a glimpse at the side of my dress made by Maggie Sottero.

Reception Location: Our reception was at a 1930's ballroom that once hosted jazz greats such as Duke Ellington, Tommy Dorsey and Frank Sinatra. It has a great history and is just beautiful. We made sure to include a lot of jazz and swing music.

Guest Book: Simple white guest book with a black ribbon horizontally across the middle.

I hope you've enjoyed your glimpse into my dream wedding. I'm really excited to share it with you. Make sure you head over to The Finer Things to see Kati's version of Wedding Wednesday. I'm so eager to see what her dream wedding includes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Black and White are my wedding colors. I love the glamour and elegance that they exude!

 


Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License

Images contained within inspiration boards on this blog are the property of their respective companies. Please see the
individual post for details and links. If you represent one of these companies and prefer your images not be used
and/or be removed from this site please contact me immediately at rebecca [at] tastefullyentertaining.com.