May 28, 2008

Wedding Wednesday - A Green, Black & White Wedding

Welcome to the next installment in the Wedding Wednesday series, where Kati of The Finer Things and I chose one invitation and present two unique inspiration boards. This week we've chosen to design a wedding theme around this preppy kate spade invitation from FineStationery.com. Featuring a square shape, a black border with white polka dots and a kelly green envelope liner, this invitation is sure to impress.

My first find for today's theme was this picture featuring tables draped in black and white striped tableclothes. The photo shows yellow flowers but I would switch them out to green flowers to add a touch of the kelly green from the envelope liner. In the back of the picture is a black and white striped cake which I absolutely love! For tabletop consider using kate spade black and white dot china.

Next, for some ceiling decor try the ever popular white paper lanterns mixed with elegant white crystal chandeliers. I think the combination of the casual lantern with the formal chandelier really plays up the invitation. The actual invitation is more formal but the green liner gives it a little pop of what I am calling 'Andy Warhol pop culture color'. (haha)

Next, for your bouquet consider one such as this blending of stephanotis, lilacs, phalaenopsis ochids, cosmos and fiddlehear ferns. Lastly, as a favor tuck you treat inside a white bag tied gathered at the top by a leaf on wire.

Make sure to head over to The Finer Things to see what Kati has come up with this week! I know I'm always excited to see her picks! Here's a little sneak peak:


1 comment:

The Style Sisters said...

I just have to tell you how much I love your Blog!! You find the best things and it really motivates me. I wish I would have seen this site last year about this time when I was planning my daughters wedding. But it turned out nice. I will keep popping in to see what else you have found to inspire and motivate me.

 


Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License

Images contained within inspiration boards on this blog are the property of their respective companies. Please see the
individual post for details and links. If you represent one of these companies and prefer your images not be used
and/or be removed from this site please contact me immediately at rebecca [at] tastefullyentertaining.com.